Lighthouse Studios is currently seeking a talented 2D Compositing Artist to work on The Cuphead Show for Netflix. As a Compositing artist you will join our international crew working in a fast paced and vibrant environment while based in the beautiful medieval city of Kilkenny. Your skills will help establish, reinforce and enhance the series. We look forward to working with you!
- Create and composite digital FX, highlights and tones within the current compositing pipeline;
- Collaborate with teams FX artists and supervisors to achieve consistent and high-quality results;
- Manage renders and set up shots technically;
- Integrate all layers including animation, environment, lighting and AFX-related materials to create the final shots;
- Ensure and maintain the expected quality, style and schedule across the production;
- Meet production deadlines and maintain regular communication with leads and supervisors;
- Collaborate with other team members to improve methods, workflows and techniques
- Identify and report any issues that arise that may affect timelines or delivery schedules.
- Work very closely with the Animation Supervisor, Layout Supervisor and Compositing Supervisor on direction of each scene;
- Render background elements from Adobe Photoshop, and animation sequences from Harmony;
- Layer each sequence/scene you are provided with using ToonBoom Harmony;
- Add camera-moves, masks, filters, blurs, colour-adjustments, particle effects, time-effects and anything else that generally falls under the umbrella of 2D compositing;
- Analyse and troubleshoot common technical issues in conjunction with the FX Lead/Supervisor to solve problems within scenes;
- Archive relevant comp material for partial reuse in the future;
- Other duties as may be required with early compositing and scene prep.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position;
- Experience using After Effects is considered an asset;
- Experience using ToonBoom Harmony is considered an asset;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative and fast-paced environment;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Technical problem solving abilities;
- Must be able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines;
- Minimum 1 year of animation or live-action composition experience is required;
- Must be a team player.