Lighthouse Studios is currently seeking a number of highly talented 2D Traditional/Cutout Animators to start work for Lighthouse Studios. We have a number of positions available for The Cuphead Show for Netflix.
As a Traditional/Cutout Animator you will join our international crew working in a fast paced and vibrant environment while based in the beautiful medieval city of Kilkenny. Your skill in animation will help establish, reinforce and enhance the production. We look forward to working with you!
The role of Traditional/Cutout Animation Artist is to create final animation in Toon Boom according to a weekly quota.
- Study the animation style and brief on the objectives of each scene
- Animate assigned number of frames as per quota per week, comprising multiple passes and approval by your Director/Creative Lead. Please note that quota can vary depending on difficulty and complexity of the assigned scene and show, which will be assessed by the Director/Creative Lead.
- Work with both cutout and traditional animation, depending on scene requirements
- Animate traditionally from rough to clean up and paint
- Bring up and discuss creative solutions to ensure scene objectives are achieved in the most efficient way
- Follow instructions of the Director to meet creative standard and production deadlines
- Address any problems with the Line Producer and Production Co-ordinator
- Communicate progress of work to the Production Co-ordinator and Line Producer
- Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in animation work and that all notes/retakes are added
- Follow exact procedures set by LH (i.e. file naming and storage) according to the production's guidelines
- Attendance is required at meetings when requested by the Production Co-ordinator and Line Producer
- Review messages on messaging systems and emails during working hours
Key requirements and Qualifications:
- Requires no less than 5 years experience in Animation using Toom Boom, with Rigged and Traditional animation
- Strong understanding of traditional 2D animation principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to details and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Shotgun is considered a plus
This list is not exhaustive and might be complemented by reasonable and related tasks that are requested of you.