Lighthouse is looking for an experienced Animation Producer to join the team here in Kilkenny and oversee a number of projects. Global, high-end and creatively interesting the shows we currently have are diverse and challenging. We are looking for someone who is energetic, progressive and a super team player. Someone who can inspire and drive our artists while representing Lighthouse on the global stage. This role requires somebody who has had international experience and a practical working knowledge of the 2D pipeline process. If you think it's something for you we'd love to hear from you.
Summary of Producer role:
The role of Producer in Lighthouse Studios encompasses a varied role. It is responsible for overseeing at least 2 or more full productions alongside the MD and (Series) Director(s) and must ensure successful delivery of each. This role is seen as an intrinsic partner to the Director of the show especially when the Director is in-house.
The producer would be the primary external Production Partner/Commissioner contact and is an ambassador for Lighthouse Studios both inside and outside the studio. This role would travel and take part in events/markets as needed/requested and would have a forward facing vision on the studio while ensuring the delivery of current productions in-house.
Responsibilities as Producer:
- Represent as an Ambassador for LHS while at functions, markets, events etc.
- Alongside the Director manage the creative vision, development and delivery of a number of productions
- Manage all Agent negotiations and Talent handling where necessary
- Manage all Music rights and negotiations
- Manage all legal requirements liaising with internal and external legal
- Create and obtain approval of a production plan including budget, schedule and list of assumptions from the MD and Production Partner
- Establish creative checkpoints for Commissioners/Partners and Lighthouse MD
- Work with HR/Recruitment, Director and Line Producer to cast and hire the Artistic Team
- Work with HR/Recruitment and Line Producer to cast and hire the production staff, production managers etc.
- Work daily with the Director and Line Producer to ensure cohesion in the production/creative process
- Identity and select subcontract production studios, if applicable
- Negotiate deals with subcontract studios and outside facilities
- Complete and attain approval on key pre-production artwork, which may need approval from the in/out house Director first
- Supervise an on-going evaluation of production output and department quotas – and accurately predict and report potential areas for concern
- Communicate the bigger picture production priorities to crew members
- Establish and maintain relationships with all pertinent ancillary groups, including licensing and merchandising, online, publicity, distribution and promotions (where required)
- Resolve disputes and conflicts within the production unit and all outside services and co-producers
- Supervise the spotting of sound effects and music with the director and line producer
- Supervise ADR and additional sound effects with the director and line producer
- Supervise the final mix session with the director and line producer
- Obtain approval of the final output
- Oversee delivery of the final product in the format requested in the deliveries
- Bachelor's degree in film, art, communications or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in producing, with emphasis on 2D animated media and a thorough understanding of a 2D production pipeline from development to post-production
- Proven track record dealing with global high-end Production Partners and Talent
- Must have a highly creative approach to production
- Excellent Talent Management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven Talent and Music negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the animation market and trends
- In-depth knowledge of scheduling and budgeting
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work within tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have the ability to work efficiently and under pressure
- Must have a thorough understanding of the Post-Production process
- Knowledge of Production Tracking System (ToonBoom Manager) is a strong asset
Your application was submitted successfully.