Lighthouse Studios is delighted to be starting work on an exciting new animated special for a major SVOD. It is a unique and true story and based on a highly successful graphic novel. We are currently seeking to hire experienced Toon Boom Animators to join our team in Kilkenny.
- Study the animation style and Animation Supervisor’s brief on the objectives of each scene;
- Animate assigned number of frames as per quota per week, comprising multiple passes and approval by your Animation Supervisor/Lead and Animation Director. Please note that quota can vary depending on difficulty and complexity of the assigned scene, which will be assessed by Production and Supervisor;
- Follow instructions of Animation Supervisor/Lead and Production Manager to meet creative standard and production deadlines;
- Address any problems with the Animation Supervisor, Production Manager and Production Coordinator;
- Communicate progress of work to the Animation Supervisor, Production Manager and Production Coordinator;
- Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in animation work and that all notes/retakes are added;
- Occasionally supporting junior crew members per supervisor's request;
- Follow exact procedures set by LH (i.e. file naming and storage) according to the production's guidelines;
- Attendance is required at meetings when requested by the Animation Director and Production Team;
- Address any problems with the Animation Supervisor or Animation Lead;
- Review messages on messaging systems and emails during working hours.
- Advanced knowledge in Toonboom Harmony;
- Requires to have no less than 2-5 years’ experience in Animation for television or feature film and/or a portfolio displaying the required skills;
- Experience in cut-out animation using Toon Boom rigs;
- Strong understanding of traditional 2D animation principles;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work;
- Attention to details and problem-solving skills;
- Experience with Shotgun;
- Be available on messaging systems and by emails during working hours;
- Must be willing to relocate to Kilkenny.