Lighthouse Studios is currently seeking a talented 2D Lighting Artist to work on The Cuphead Show for Netflix.
Summary: As a Lighting artist you will join our international crew working in a fast paced and vibrant environment while based in the beautiful medieval city of Kilkenny. Your 2D animation skill and knowledge of light and shadow will help establish, reinforce and enhance the series by adding elements like character highlights, cast shadows and dynamic lighting to frames.
We look forward to working with you!
- Perform artistic tasks and use creative problem solving to create desired lighting effect using Toon Boom Harmony
- Organize and manage your work and files efficiently
- Ensure work is completed on schedule and to production standards
- Review workload and communicate any issues to Supervisor
- Assist with other production tasks which require Toon Boom Harmony Compositing capability, to help meet production deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Animation, or equivalent field
- 2+ years’ experience working in a production environment in Traditional Animation or Toon Boom Harmony, preferred
- Demonstrated experience, comprehension and knowledge of classical animation, character animation, and effects animation, with specific emphasis on light and shadow.
- Solid drawing skills
- Ability to work alongside and communicate with a talented and diverse production team
- Drive, determination and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience in managing additional production tasks and responsibilities when requested, while maintaining own workload
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Must be a team player
- Be available on messaging systems and by emails during working hours
- Must be willing to relocate to Kilkenny