Lighthouse Studios is currently seeking talented and experienced Builds & Rigging Artists to work on an exciting new show "Little Ellen" for Warner Bros.! The 2D-animated series Little Ellen finds the talk-show host exploring imaginary lands, making new friends, making mistakes and will include musical numbers as well.
As a Builds & Rigging Artist you will join our international crew working in a fast paced and vibrant environment while based in the beautiful medieval city of Kilkenny at some point later this year once travel restrictions are lifted, in the meantime initial freelance work is an option we can discuss. You will join the existing Rigging team and contribute to the animation process. We look forward to working with you!
Why you should work here
Working at Lighthouse means that you are dedicated to our shared cause of producing animated content of the highest possible quality for a global audience. This means that you can rest assured that the projects you work on at Lighthouse will be ones that you can be truly proud of.
Working at Lighthouse will give you the opportunity to not only learn from some of the most talented individuals in the industry, but also discover new cultures and new ways of working. In addition to learning from your colleagues, you also have the opportunity to partake in our in-house learning and development programme, so you can be sure that your time at Lighthouse will be beneficial for you not only now but for years to come.
Of course, we also have many other benefits such as a pension plan, employee assistance programme, health and wellness benefits, regular crew parties and much more!
Lighthouse Studios are an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and Inclusion are core to who we are, and we recognise the great value each one of us brings to the team. If you require an accommodation due to a disability with your application or interview process, please email HR@lighthousestudios.ie and we will be happy to accommodate you as best we can.
• Build and rig, in Toon Boom Harmony, main and secondary characters, props and environmental elements;
• Identify problems in designs and provide well thought out solutions;
• Work closely with Department Supervisor, Animation supervisor and Animation department;
• Ensure assets match the design and are suitable to be animated in Toon Boom Harmony;
• Responsible for delivery of rigs according to deadlines and delivery requirements ( e.g. naming conventions);
• Ensure work is completed and delivered as per schedule.
This list is not exhaustive and might be complemented by reasonable and related tasks that are requested of you.
• Perfect knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony software version 15+;
• Knowledge on how to set up rigs to work with Master Controllers;
• Working experience with Toon Boom Harmony software is considered a strong asset;
• 3 years + experience in animation is desired;
• Problem solving skills - demonstrable examples;
• Working experience in how animators use ToonBoom Harmony is a must;
• The ideal candidate has strong drawing skills;
• Must have strong attention to detail;
• Be available on messaging systems and by emails during working hours;
• Must be willing to relocate to Kilkenny.
Please send on a demoreel showcasing rigging experience with Toon Boom Harmony software.
Lighthouse Studios is a growing studio with a truly international crew boasting over 20 different nationalities. We look for people not just based on core skills and experience but those who are willing to jump in and embrace our vibrant and diverse culture. We are an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and Inclusion are core to who we are, and we recognise the great value each one of us brings to the team. If you require an accommodation due to a disability with your application or interview process, please email HR@lighthousestudios.ie and we will be happy to accommodate you as best we can.
Your application was submitted successfully.