Lighthouse Studios is currently seeking talented and experienced Toon Boom Animators to work on an exciting new show "Little Ellen" for Warner Bros.! The 2D-animated series Little Ellen finds the talk-show host exploring imaginary lands, making new friends, making mistakes and will include musical numbers as well.
As a 2D Animator you will join our international crew working in a fast paced and vibrant environment while based in the beautiful medieval city of Kilkenny. You will join the existing Animation team and contribute to the animation process. We look forward to working with you!
- Study the animation style and Animation Supervisor’s brief on the objectives of each scene
- Animate assigned number of frames as per quota per week, comprising multiple passes and approval by your Animation Supervisor/Lead and Animation Director. Please note that quota can vary depending on difficulty and complexity of the assigned scene, which will be assessed by Production and Supervisor
- Follow instructions of Animation Supervisor/Lead and Production Manager to meet creative standard and production deadlines
- Address any problems with the Animation Supervisor, Production Manager and Production Coordinator
- Communicate progress of work to the Animation Supervisor, Production Manager and Production Coordinator
- Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in animation work and that all notes/retakes are added
- Occasionally supporting junior crew members per supervisor's request
- Follow exact procedures set by LH (i.e. file naming and storage) according to the production's guidelines
- Attendance is required at meetings when requested by the Animation Director and Production Team
- Address any problems with the Animation Supervisor or Animation Lead
- Review messages on messaging systems and emails during working hours
This list is not exhaustive and might be complemented by reasonable and related tasks that are requested of you.
- Advanced knowledge in Toonboom Harmony is required
- Requires to have no less than 2-5 years’ experience in Animation for television or feature film and/or a portfolio displaying the required skills
- Experience in cut-out animation using Toon Boom rigs
- Strong understanding of traditional 2D animation principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to details and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Shotgun
- Be available on messaging systems and by emails during working hours
- Must be willing to relocate to Kilkenny
Lighthouse Studios is a growing studio with a truly international crew boasting over 20 different nationalities. We look for people not just based on core skills and experience but those who are willing to jump in and embrace our vibrant and diverse culture. We are an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and Inclusion are core to who we are, and we recognise the great value each one of us brings to the team. If you require an accommodation due to a disability with your application or interview process, please email HR@lighthousestudios.ie and we will be happy to accommodate you as best we can.