Lighthouse Studios is currently seeking talented and experienced Compositing Artists to work on an exciting new show "Little Ellen" for Warner Bros.! The 2D-animated series Little Ellen finds the talk-show host exploring imaginary lands, making new friends, making mistakes and will include musical numbers as well.
As a Compositing Artist you will join our international crew working in a fast paced and vibrant environment while based in the beautiful medieval city of Kilkenny. You will join the existing Compositing team and contribute to the animation process. We look forward to working with you!
- Create and composite digital FX, highlights and tones within the current compositing pipeline;
- Collaborate with teams FX artists and supervisors to achieve consistent and high-quality results;
- Manage renders and set up shots technically;
- Integrate all layers including animation, environment, lighting and AFX-related materials to create the final shots;
- Ensure and maintain the expected quality, style and schedule across the production;
- Meet production deadlines and maintain regular communication with leads and supervisors;
- Collaborate with other team members to improve methods, workflows and techniques
- Identify and report any issues that arise that may affect timelines or delivery schedules.
- Work very closely with the Animation Supervisor, Layout Supervisor and Compositing Supervisor on direction of each scene;
- Render background elements from Adobe Photoshop, and animation sequences from Harmony;
- Layer each sequence/scene you are provided with using ToonBoom Harmony;
- Add camera-moves, masks, filters, blurs, colour-adjustments, particle effects, time-effects and anything else that generally falls under the umbrella of 2D compositing;
- Analyse and troubleshoot common technical issues in conjunction with the FX Lead/Supervisor to solve problems within scenes;
- Archive relevant comp material for partial reuse in the future;
- Other duties as may be required with early compositing and scene prep.
This list is not exhaustive and might be complemented by reasonable and related tasks that are requested of you.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position;
- Experience using After Effects is considered an asset;
- Experience using ToonBoom Harmony is considered an asset;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative and fast-paced environment;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Technical problem solving abilities;
- Must be able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines;
- Minimum 1 year of animation or live-action composition experience is required;
- Must be a team player.
Lighthouse Studios is a growing studio with a truly international crew boasting over 27 different nationalities. We look for people not just based on core skills and experience but those who are willing to jump in and embrace our vibrant and diverse culture. We are an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and Inclusion are core to who we are, and we recognise the great value each one of us brings to the team. If you require an accommodation due to a disability with your application or interview process, please email HR@lighthousestudios.ie and we will be happy to accommodate you as best we can.
Lighthouse Studios HR Department
+353 (0)56 774 1200