Lighthouse Studios is currently seeking experienced Senior 2D Animators to work on various productions at Lighthouse Studios
Applications must have a minimum of 5+ years' experience working in a studio environment, on high-end Toon Boom Harmony productions - these are senior positions and only open to applicants who meet the level of experience specified above.
Remote working and Freelance options are available, however, preference will be given to artists available to work in our studio in Kilkenny, Ireland
As a Senior Animator you will join our international crew working in a fast paced and vibrant environment while based in the beautiful medieval city of Kilkenny. Your skill in animation will help establish, reinforce and enhance the production. We look forward to working with you!
The role of 2D Senior Animation Artist is to create final animation in Toon Boom according to a weekly quota.
- Study the animation style and brief on the objectives of each scene;
- Animate assigned number of frames as per quota per week, comprising multiple passes and approval by your Director/Creative Lead. Please note that quota can vary depending on difficulty and complexity of the assigned scene and show, which will be assessed by the Director/Creative Lead;
- Follow instructions of the Director to meet creative standard and production deadlines;
- Address any problems with the Line Producer and Production Co-ordinator;
- Communicate progress of work to the Production Co-ordinator and Line Producer;
- Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in animation work and that all notes/retakes are added;
- Follow exact procedures set by LH (i.e. file naming and storage) according to the production's guidelines;
- Attendance is required at meetings when requested by the Production Co-ordinator and Line Producer;
- Review messages on messaging systems and emails during working hours.
- Advanced knowledge in Toon Boom Harmony;
- Requires to have no less than 5+ years' of experience in Animation for television or feature film and/or a portfolio displaying the required skills;
- Experience in cut-out animation using Toon Boom rigs;
- Strong understanding of traditional 2D animation principles;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work;
- Attention to details and problem-solving skills;
- Experience with Shotgun;
- Be available on messaging systems and by emails during working hours;
This list is not exhaustive and might be complemented by reasonable and related tasks that are requested of you.